5.13.2013

Mother's Day Festivities

I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day weekend.  Mine was full of family and love, just the way its supposed to be!
 
Friday I celebrated just with my boys.  The hubby made me breakfast and watched over the little guy while I took a leisurely and uninterrupted shower (I really couldn't ask for more, its really the small pleasures that count!).  The I hung out with my baby, the person who gave me the best job in the world.
 

 
Gianni surprised me with mom and family charms for my pandora bracelet, even though I expressly told him not to buy me anything except flowers.  I'm a tad spoiled by these two!
 

 
The hubby had outdoor plans for the day, but the weather didn't cooperate so we were stuck going to the mall for a bit just to get out of the house.  When you're with the ones you love it doesn't really matter where you go.  In the afternoon while Lucas napped I got some me time, just lounging and reading in bed while the hubby got dinner prepared for me.  We hung out together afterwards and it was just a nice relaxed day, I could ask for anything more.
 
 
Saturday we had the in-laws over for dinner, and it turned out to be another nice and relaxed day.  Thankfully the rain let up a bit so we were able to make it to the park in the afternoon, which was such a blessing.  My little guy is definitely an outdoor kind of guy and he was feeling very cooped up, especially since he's finally cutting his first teeth, he was a bit on the miserable side and in pain, so he needed the distraction.  Not that you could tell from these photos that anything was bothering him. 
Here he is all smiles with his nonna!
 

 
Gianni unfortunately never got to "meet" his grandparents, they all passed away before he was born or when he was very young.  His great-aunt though has been like a grandmother to him growing up, we affectionately call her yaya.  She is mildly obsessed with Lucas, and he equally very fond of her.  Here they are playing Lucas' favourite game lately of peek-a-boo!
 
Sunday we headed to my grandparents house to celebrate with my side of the family, and it was usual boisterous family gathering, since there are more people on my side, plus we are just your very typical loud Portuguese family hehe. 
 
I got a very special hug and card from my sweet niece, who is also my goddaughter.  She's just too cute for words!
 

 
Lucas is just as in love with his own godmother, my sister Lisa.  I love sharing motherhood with my sister, and I still remember how as teenagers we used to talk about this time when we would have our own families and our children would grow up together, it sometimes still feels a little unreal that we are already at that phase in our lives!
 
 
Here's us with my mom, all smiles, well really there isn't too many times when you will not catch Lucas smiling, I'm quite the lucky mom!
 
 
All in all it was a lovely weekend, with the exception of the horrible weather and the bad teething night from the little guy.  There are no words that can describe celebrating this occasion with my son, the little person who fulfilled my dreams, and all the suffering and doubt I went through to get to this moment feels like a faraway memory now, as I hold him in my arms.  Love you little man, that is something that will never change.
 




SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS