5.03.2013

Letter of Apology and Thanks

Dear Mommy,

I've been a butt this week I know, especially yesterday.  I'm sorry I used your body like my personal jungle gym, but being beside you makes me feel better.  I hope you don't mind that I kept following you into the kitchen, and planting myself by your feet, but its quite fun to climb up your legs, especially when you're making coffee, just don't get any on me ok.  Thank you for the basket of toys and books in the living room, but if you're not going to sit with me, they really aren't all that fun to me this week.

Thank you for putting up with my crankiness, and wailing like a banshee around the house, but I don't know any other way to let you know that this damn runny nose is bothering me, and that breathing from my mouth while its a drool fest is quite inconvenient. I think I may have some teeth coming out, my gums are sore, and I feel like a faucet has been opened in my mouth, I keep chewing on my fingers, and toys, but they are nothing compared to your clothes and hands...sorry.

It was great to get out of the house yesterday to go to the store, and I didn't mean to have a poop storm the moment we got there.  I tried to let it out before we left the house like usual, but everything was a little backed up in there, and I guess the car ride helped get things moving.  You know how it is, so cut me a little slack here.  I'm sorry though for screaming through the whole diaper change debacle but darn strangers kept looking at me with my business out in the open, and it was awfully cold in that bathroom.  But I appreciate how you kept your cool and sang me my favourite songs through it all, I guess I just needed a minute.  The extra hug and kisses sure made me feel better and I hope you liked the smiles I gave you while we shopped as a thank you.

I'm sorry for the mini meltdown at the checkout, but that strange man kept talking to me, and he freaked me out with his laughs.  I'm usually all smiles for people, but this dude was scary looking! You were super calming me down while paying and getting the groceries, I don't know how you do it all sometimes!

Oops I fell asleep in the car, sorry, all that crying really pooped me out, sometimes its hard not being able to talk, I really need to get on that.  I meant to stay asleep when we got home, I'm usually good being transferred into my crib, you got to give me that, but I just wanted to lie next to you, and then I couldn't sleep cause I rocked my power nap...I mean didn't you hear my snoring in the car, awesome right?! 

Playing and crawling around the house is so much better than sleeping anyway.  I'm loving this crawling, now I can crawl to the front entrance and grab Tia Gyselle's picture all the time, but I'm not sure why you yell out when I grab the doily for some extra traction...oh is it the vase that's on the table you're worried about, you really should just move that thing.  Now I can crawl into the bathroom whenever you escape for five minutes, I mean really I wasn't finished talking to you, and that light in there is just too cool.  Wait until I master walking, then it will be party city between us, right mommy?  Right?!

Anyway, I'm glad you put up with my shenanigans, although I'm pretty sure I'm well behaved for my age, and any disobedience is probably inherited from daddy so you should take it up with him.  All in all sorry for any inconvenience, and I just wanted to let you know that you're doing a super job making me feel loved and safe; I'm pretty lucky to have a mommy like you, and I pay in kind by being any awesome son! 

Love you lots Lucas.




SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS