10.25.2013

Five on Friday

Linking up as usual with Darci over at The Good Blog for a Five on Friday recap of the week.

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
 

{one}
I love anything British, it was my main focus of study for my undergraduate degree and senior thesis, and its on my bucket list to make a trip there one day.  Included in that love is the royal family, yes its antiquated, and there have no bearing on the government anymore, but their symbolism is far more impactful on the social entity of the British people.  I can't lie, I'm a sucker for anything royal, and the couple of Prince William and Duchess Catherine, is no exception.  I love their contemporary outlook on royal duties, and the fact that they are of my generation makes them that more fascinating.  This week they christened their adorable bundle of joy, and it made me think back to Lucas' own christening, an intimate affair with only our families, and very close friends; and I loved that this couple so much in the public spectrum chose to make this rite of passage intimate and sacred as well. 

Obviously they didn't stray from tradition with the baby's attire and amount of godparents, but the child is the future king of England!  I eschewed the tradition of a baptismal gown, and dressed Lucas is an all white silk suit, and had the traditional two godparents, and we spared no expense in portraits and the party, because he's my little prince after all



 
{two}
Lucas has been teething his molars this week, and to say its been brutal is putting it lightly.  I don't think he's ever had it this bad.  He's crankier during the day, sometimes I am at my wits end finding ways and things that will make him happy or soothe his poor gums.  I have tried camellia, teething necklace, biscuits, hard cold vegetables, and sometimes freezes and straight ice.  When all else fails, I have given him a little advil to soothe the inflammation, and help him rest better during the day.  He sleeps through the night, although he tosses and turns more than usual, and he's been waking up at the crack of dawn, so the days have been long around here, and I may be driving myself to lunacy, or at least to a mild drinking habit.   Hopefully when the second molar finally cuts through we will see some improvement.


 
{three}
I am on a serious book kick this week, I already finished my current read, and am already finished the second book I started!  I have been trying to take some time for myself while Lucas naps this week since he's been so miserable when he's awake, I need a little pick me up and recharge (and a glass of wine in the middle of day is probably not a good idea, totally necessary, but not advisable).  I found this Divergent series by Veronica Roth over the summer when the first two books were on sale at Costco, and loved them more than I thought I would.  I had no idea that the third book came out this week, so I will be grabbing that sometime this weekend.  I can't wait!


 
{four} 
I have written poetry for as long as I can remember.  Sometimes those poems have been songs, or sometimes just a few lines of artistic writing to convey a moment in time, or a feeling about an event.  My father writes poetry as well (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree), and he's been really serious about his writing lately, so it got me excited and inspired to re-read some of my poems, and write more.  I wrote a lot sporadically this first year of motherhood, and I am contemplating reworking and compiling all of it in one journal, then figuring out what I'm going to do with it.  I'm not sure if I have the guts to submit it anywhere, since I've always been pretty self conscious of my writing.
 
{five}
We have absolutely no plans this weekend, and I love it.  As long as I get to spend it with this two stud muffins, I'm pretty sure its bound to be a good time.


Hope everyone is enjoying the crispier weather, and has a great weekend.

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS