10.11.2013

Five on Friday

I am loving these Friday link ups, I have met some amazing mommy bloggers with such inspiring stories, and who have sent me at times such kind words in return.  The amazing blogger community is something I'm so glad I decided to join. 

{one}
Lucas had his one year well check up and vaccines this week.  I'm pretty sure I cried just as much as he did!  He has always handled his shots "like a man" I must admit, but these ones, as the doctor had advised me would hurt the most, and sure enough after the first one he understood what was happening, and I had to hold him for the rest.  He calmed down fairly quickly, and he was actually in a good mood for most of the day, until close to bedtime, then you could tell he just wanted to sleep and relax, and like all other times he received vaccines, he slept the night away like the proverbial baby. Here are his stats:

I love my big boy!
 
{two}
Monday was kind of awful this week.  I had a bad sinus cold, a mountain of laundry that couldn't be put off any longer, and it was raining.  Lucas loves the outdoors, and I was pressed with trying to figure out something to entertain him with that would allow me to a) slowly tackle the dreaded clothes, and b) not exhaust me more than I was already feeling.  So behold a makeshift water table in the laundry room.  Honestly I wasn't holding much hope since obviously this kid's attention span is not very prolific, but he loved it, and I actually got a lot done.  I just filled the sink with shallow water, and stuck some kitchen things inside and let him go to town.  I may resort to this form of entertainment again.
{three}
I bought this owl mug last year at home sense, and it just makes any beverage that much more fun to drink.  While battling this awful sinus cold, there is really nothing better than drinking a steaming tea while your little guy is off in nap land.  The owl is nice company and appropriately festive hehe.
 
 
{four}
I am pondering making some changes to my blog design, but I'm on the fence on whether I should ask someone to do it for me, and I have looked around on the blogsphere for websites who do that sort of thing; or to do a little research and try my hand at doing it myself.  I'm pretty creative, and I like to tackle things on my own, I'm just not sure I can handle it, or how time consuming it would be for someone who hasn't ever done it before. Any thoughts people.  I do know that I'm inspired by this palette I found on pinterest, do you like?  I actually really want to use this colour scheme for a room in my house, it just seems so cheery.
 
 
 
{five}
I started easing Lucas in to an educational craft a day, now that he is officially only napping once.  I have been scouring the internet for ideas, and I am thinking of maybe posting every week a series of what we do together. We started off with just playing with pompoms on tape and paper, since we are learning circles and colours lately.  He seemed to enjoy it!
 
To all my fellow Canadians I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving weekend, full of love, laughter, and plenty of turkey and pumpkin pie!



SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS