10.17.2013

Lucas' Avengers Birthday Party

I can't believe I am only posting these photos now, but better late than never!
 
I had so much fun planning Lucas' party, and the day went off without a hitch, even though we were forced to hold it inside due to the rain all week.  My biggest regret is that I didn't take enough photos of everyone, especially my little guy as he was enjoying the party.  The fact that we got a lot of video kind of makes up for it, but next year, I need to make more of an effort to just stand back and take more picture.
 
Most of the main stream Avengers décor was purchased at Party Packagers, they pretty much had everything I needed to decorate the house, along with plates, cutlery and napkins in Avengers theme, as well as the colour scheme (blue and red).   Since there were only five other children at the party I kind of went all out with the party favours, and put pencils, erasers, balls, a water bottle, and a book; all Avengers themed.  They all loved it, and I in turn love putting things like that together.  I also baked Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies, and wrapped them to send everyone home with a sweet treat at the end of the night.  It was a new recipe, but they were a huge hit, and I wanted everyone to feel special, and we wanted to extend our appreciation to everyone who helped make Lucas' day amazing.
 
My in-laws made this adorable sign for Lucas.  He actual got a kick out of seeing it, and I couldn't stop laughing.  I loved that they embraced the theme as much as I did. 



I set up a craft station for the kids, and it was very inexpensive.  I purchased crayons and markers at a steal thanks to the back to school specials, and then got everything else at the Dollar Store.  I printed Avengers colouring sheets from the Disney website for free, and then made plain white superhero masks in Bristol board so the kids could decorate and be their own versions of superheroes.  These crafts were a hit!

To add some pizzazz to the tables I purchased $2 African Lilies at Walmart, and used some left over decorations and stuck them in.  They added a nice pop of colour and class to the tables if I say so myself.


 
Since we ended up setting up the party inside, we made sure everything was set to go ahead of time, and this left my kitchen island free to be used as the main food station.  
 
I printed all of Lucas' monthly photos, and made a garland, which I hung in the kitchen so everyone could see how much he's grown this year.  I'm not going to lie it was pretty emotional putting it together, I can't believe how much he's changed over the year, and it was amazing to look back and see how on some months he made huge changes.  
 
 
 
 
I set up this "photo booth" area in the dining room, and everyone got a chance to take a picture with the birthday guy.  I am so glad that I did this, even if I sounded like an overzealous mom to everyone, these are the kinds of memories that are worth making, and I'm sure everyone will love it when they get their own copy of the pic in their thank you cards.
 
 
I just love this picture I took with my mom when I took a moment to sit down. 
 

I know this is a little blurry, but these pictures of my niece Emily dancing around with a play broom, and a crown made of pipe cleaners is just too cute for words. 
We had the customary piñata at the party, and I wasn't too sure how Lucas was going to react, well the kid loved it.  We had the bigger kids break it open, and he immediately got in there and tried to score his own loot!  
 
I am so grateful for the amazing group of family and friends who helped share our little man's first birthday with us.  We have a great video of all the kids helping Lucas open his gifts, and Lucas trying to put the light out of his candle with his finger!  I can't wait to continue making more memories like that throughout the years, but if next year's birthday could come a little slower than this one it would be much appreciated.


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS