10.09.2013

Wordless Wednesday - Fall Decor

I'm late to the party on this one, but between Lucas' birthday party, and a dinner that we are having at the house next week I just didn't go all crazy about fall decorating this year.  I kept it simple, and used things I had at home.  I'm holding out on going nuts for the Christmas season, which is by far my favourite time of the year.

I usually don't do much with my mantle for the fall, but I have been in love with free printables lately, and I stumbled on some great websites when I was planning Lucas' birthday.  This banner is from Claire Bella and can be printed here if anyone else wants to spruce up their mantles.  I used cardstock for a sturdier fix, and placed just high enough that the little man couldn't reach it and tear it down.

 
I painted this tray back in the beginning of the summer, and I actually love the contrast of the green with the fall colours for my dining room table centerpiece.  I'm not going to lie though I can't wait to get all craft and some Christmas flair to this tray, I have a gift certificate from Homesense just burning a hole in my pocket!

I had this table for a while in the dining room, but we are currently rearranging a few things around the house.  It is from Ikea but we bought for dirt cheap at a consignment store when we first moved in, and I love how it fills the front entrance just perfectly.  I decorated the table with knick knacks I had around the house, and added pinecones, and fall springs just to make it a little more fall.  We are currently printing and debating frame choices to make a gallery wall above this table, can't wait to see how it turns out and show you all.
 
 
Finally I added this cute print from On Sutton Place, that can be printed here just cause I loved the fall aspect of it, but the sentiment of the quote really speaks to me.  I sometimes have a hard time just taking the time to take everything in, and I always feel like I'm on the go, if not with Lucas, then with other domestic things while the little man is resting.  Its nice to remind myself every once in a while that I need to just sit and drink a nice warm beverage (preferably something with pumpkin) and  relax.  There will always be toys laying around, and things to do, sometimes a moment of silence is all one needs to recharge the batteries.
 

 
Hope everyone is having a great week, we are off to a play date this evening!


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS