10.18.2013

Five on Friday

Its been a busy week around here, and I'm running low on energy.  For some reason I haven't been sleeping that great at night again, and its messing me up big time.  So this week's five is probably going to be on the skimpy side.

This past Tuesday my parents celebrated their 25th Wedding Anniversary!  They were supposed to throw a big party for family and friends but due to some unforeseen expenses this summer they had to cancel.  So my sister and I were kind of sad, and we both think that reaching 25 years of marriage is something that should be celebrated, especially nowadays when so many people seem to dispense of their wedding vows so easily.  With that being said, we decided to throw them a surprise dinner party this Saturday and I cannot wait to celebrate with them and our immediate family!

This is one my favourite pictures of them at my wedding.



If you visited my blog at all this week you may have seen a few changes, I'm still ironing out some kinks, and I need to add a few more changes, but I decided to do it all on my own, and its a learning curve.  I have to say that I'm pretty proud of it considering that its all just some basic work, and I hope you all like it so far.



Lucas, is officially on one nap a day, and after a few rough days he is napping about 2 to 3 hours in the afternoon.  I thought that when we would transition him to the one nap that it would be a lot harder to keep him busy and entertained until nap time but its pretty good.  We have a new routine of walks, park time, errands, crafts, playgroup, swimming, that works out great, and it nice to have a good block of time in the afternoon to get things around the house done, or catch up on some mommy time.



I'm already looking forward to Christmas and I can't wait to start decorating the house.  I'm mildly obsessed with these stockings from Pottery Barn but I'm trying to justify to myself and the hubby that we need to spend that much money on stockings! Yeah I think I may need to take up some more sewing and try to make these myself.


This. Face. Everyday.  Enough said!


Hope everyone has a great weekend!



SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

3 comments:

  1. hiiii from the linkup! :) excited to pop on over!

    cheers to your parents. that's amazing. what an awesome thing to celebrate...the covenant of marriage!!! :) <3

    also - i'm pottery barn crazed. can't help it. i swoon over every catalog!!!! those stockings are perfection!

    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are doing my own blog design! I did my own as well and its definitely a learning experience...

    Happy to be your new follower!

    Tatteredtotaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your parents on celebrating 25 years of marriage! What a huge milestone. And I love Christmas and Pottery Barn. I can't wait to start decorating either.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS