9.02.2013

Lucas is 11 Months!

 
 
Can someone please tell me how we got to this point so quickly!  I may need a large glass of wine just to get through this month.  I have found myself in the last few days watching my little guy, relishing in his sweet embrace and smell, holding him after a bottle a little longer, and just being with him as much as I can.  I just cannot grasp how a whole year is almost upon us.
 
Ok enough with the melodramatic mama, on to the details of the little man.
 
Lucas has made a huge change this month, and he is almost officially a toddler it feels.  He walks like a champ now, although I swear he is dying to run, and I'm just ready for that quite yet, but like with most things, the little guy waits for no one.  When Lucas first started walking he used to hate wearing shoes, and we let him walk bare foot a lot, which is actually supposed to help them get a better footing (no pun intended).  Now he still hates being constricted by foot wear, but its obviously a necessity and he lives with it. 
 
His new found independence just keeps growing and growing, and he is quite the adventurous little guy.   He has started to enjoy climbing things, and he is really quite fearless, and completely unawares of his strength or capacity.  It has caused a few bumps and bruises along the way, as there is only so much I can prevent sometimes, but he usually bounces back fairly quickly, and takes it like a man, as his father likes to point out.  Park dates are quite the adventure now, and he simply does not want to just swing around anymore.  He has learned to push himself down the slide, much to his delight, and often attempts to climb back up (as a shake my head and grab him).  He usually runs around now, and tries to climb anything as much as possible, and often I need a nap just as much as he does afterwards, but I refrain...sometimes lol.
 

 
 
Lucas is quite the little social bug.  He loves to smile to people, and now that he understands to say hello and goodbye without prompting, he spends his time just waving to people at the grocery store, the mall, and the park.  He will go up to just anyone as long as you give him a smile, but the moment a stranger reaches for him he will shy and walk away, which I'm quite glad about, since at first I thought he was a little too easily taken with strangers.  He certainly likes the ladies, and will often approach them quicker than a man, and has often been startled by overly friendly male strangers.  He adores other children, and plays with them very well at his play groups, unless another child is upset and starts crying or screaming, its startles him to no end, and I find myself having to remove him from the situation, but once he's calmed down, he will approach the child again with everything forgotten. 
 

 
Lucas has started to show a more sillier side of himself, especially now that he is understanding more and more the concept of playing.  He will hide behind the kitchen island, or a chair and then come out and surprise you.  He loves to imitate sounds, and often makes sighing or high pitched noises only to start giggling with himself.  He started playing more with some of his toys as well, and really enjoys his cars, and can sometimes make a vroom vroom sound.  He adores the outdoors, and is seriously content just playing with the dirt and rocks, he has been helping dig up the garden and loves to feel different textures.  He still really enjoys books and being read to, although now he has taken an interest in grabbing books and looking through them all on his own.  He can identify the mama and the baby in the popular Robert Munch book "I'll love you forever", and can point out some animals in select stories.  I am starting a plan to introduce and teach colours, shapes, and then letters, and I will be sure to let everyone know how that goes.
 

 
Lucas still has no problem eating anything, although he has a dislike for zucchini now, and has he has been rejecting any pureed fruit cups.  He prefers to self feed, and at times will take the spoon from my hand and feed himself, its a messy situation but overall he doesn't do a bad job.   We introduced one bottle of milk at the end of this month, as Lucas was starting to reject his formula, as I have said before I really want to devote a post to how this process has gone for us.  His favourite foods right now are still chicken, grapes, and pretty much any fruits.  He tried tomatoes this month, and at first it didn't go down that well, but now he seems a little more keen.  His favourite breakfast item has to be omelettes, and he will eat a whole egg omelette no problem!  He prefers to drink during the day with a straw sippy cup, but if he sees us drinking from a bottle or a glass he makes a bee line for us and wants to partake.  I try to drink anything during the day that he can't share for that exact reason. 
 
Sleep is still great, I don't think I have had a complaint in this department since we slept trained him.  We had pondered moving Lucas to one nap since he had a week there where he was resisting his morning naps, and then it would only last half an hour.  He started waking pretty early again, so switching to one nap was just not a good idea.  We have a few things lined up for the fall that all run in the mornings, so my plan is to start a one nap regimen next week, Lord give me patience and lots of coffee cause I'm sure its going to be dicey. 
 

 
Little man is wearing 12 to 18 month clothing, and in some brands can fit in 24 month clothes, but mostly shirts and sweaters.  He is still pretty much tall and lean, and he actually outgrew some shoes this month, which is just a foreshadowing of how quickly he's going to be outgrowing things in the years to come.  

I really can't describe what a great month we have had, and how much more in love I am with this little guy every day!

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS