9.06.2013

Five on Friday


{one}
We made a batch of homemade tomato sauce this weekend with the left overs from my father in law's garden.  He has THE best tomatoes, they are so meaty and sweet, and I practically live on tomato salad during the summer.  We usually put in some carrots while the tomatoes are simmering to help sweeten the sauce, and lord did it smell amazing in the house this weekend.  So of course pasta was on the menu for dinner, and Lucas is definitely living up to his heritage cause he adored it.

{two}
What happens when you are driving and your pre-teen sister gets a hold of your phone...you find the following madness and silliness later that day.

Gyselle has always had a tendency once she learned how to use camera phones to leave her mark shall we say, and I always find random photos when I visit her, and sentimental as I am I cannot delete them, even when she used to photograph close ups of furniture and stuffed animals.  God I love that kid.

{three}
Speaking of that amazing kid she started Grade four this week, and I couldn't help getting a little teary eyed after leaving the school on Tuesday.  I have only missed one of her first days of school last year when I had a doctor's appointment for the little guy.  She started a new school this year, and I know that for a nine year old that has to be one of the scariest experiences, to have to jump into a new environment, and make new friends, meet a new teacher, especially since for all the vibrancy and fervor this child has, she can be pretty shy and insecure.

I don't say this only because she is my sister, but Gyselle is a very special little girl.  She understands more than people give her credit for, she is wise sometimes beyond her years, and she always knows just what to say to make any glum day a little brighter.  She is one of my favourite people, and I feel so blessed to have the relationship that I have with her.

{four}
This video I took on Sunday of my niece dancing has been on replay at my house all week.  I just love how she is not afraid to get down, kid has got some serious rhythm!


{five}
Its Pumpkin Spice Latte Time!!!!

Oh how I love the sweet smell of pumpkin brewing in the air.  I have waited all summer for these babies, and it did not disappoint at all.  I have no picture to share cause the drink did not last very long.  Now I know that this sort of addiction can literally break the bank, so I have a recipe for an easy pumpkin spice latte to make at home, that is honestly almost as good as the Starbucks version.  Bring on the Fall.

Hope everyone has a stellar weekend! 



SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

4 comments:

  1. Pumpkin spice... oh yeah.

    Is it wrong I've bought 3 different pumpkin candles so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I bet having those fresh tomatoes around has been amazing!!! I love tomato and mozzerella, and with fresh grown tomatoes I bet it's amazing. I love the pictures your sister took with Y O U R phone, how funny! And yes!!! horray for Pumpkin time baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that everyone is excited for the Pumpkin Spice drinks at Starbucks! Makes me EVEN MORE excited! :)

    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Miranda :)
    www.ournestingplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love homemade tomato ANYTHING! That is one thing about living in the South, for me, I am spoiled to good garden vegetables!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS