8.31.2013

Five on Friday

I cannot believe I am late posting this two weeks in a row, I need to try and carve some time this week to plan my posts.  I finally got caught up with house work, and my usual schedule of things, so the blog kind of suffered as a consequence.  So as usual linking up with Darci.


{one}
Today is my mama's birthday!  We had lunch with her this afternoon at her office, along with my sisters and her coworkers.  This weekend will be the family shindig at my parents house for her and my grandfather who had a birthday this past Monday.  Family gatherings are usually a big boisterous affair, we are the typical Portuguese family, talking loudly is our normal decibel thank you very much. 

This is one of my favourite photos of my mom at my wedding.  It really encapsulates her personality.


{two)
We have switched Lucas to forward facing in the car seat this week!  And we are both loving the change, for the most part.  Lucas is a very energetic child, and since learning to walk its a task to get the kid to be still for more than five minutes, so needless to say car rides are not always fun.  Especially if he just woke up, he's always dying to run around and expend all the energy he just built up.  So forward facing has allowed us to take advantage of the amazing DVD players we have in our van, and for the most part it entertains him for 5 minutes, he's not really big on tv for extended periods of time (which is a good thing since we don't encourage it anyway).  The best part I have to say is being able to turn around and him see me, it helps keep him happy and feeling like he is getting attention.

{three}
I took a huge step in getting some Mommy time this week when on Thursday after Lucas had dinner I went out for a drink with my bet friend!  Gasp! I actually did something just for myself!  Lucas adores my best friend and she has become his honorary Zia, he even dished out some kisses to her this visit!  The hubby got Lucas ready for bed, and got him to sleep just fine, and nothing crazy happened while I was gone, even if I did text him almost the whole time I was away, and I may have been home by 9:30, baby steps people, this was such a big deal for me.  But I have to say it was so nice getting together with my girl friend and talking about normal non-child related.  And of course my friend and I ended up at Chapters before heading home, cause we are huge nerds what can I say.


{four}
My mother in law bought Lucas some adorable fall outfits and I am dying to put them on Lucas.  Even though I am praying that the good weather continues to persist until Lucas' birthday in THREE weeks (holy crap that's soon), I cannot wait to deck the kid in adorable sweaters, and jogging suits!

 
 
{five}
Captain W"one"derful to the rescue!!!

I just sent out this week Lucas' invitations and I came up with an superhero alter ego for the little man that I am using for his Avengers Birthday Party.  I have to say I am quite proud and happy with my cleverness, and with how this came out.

 
I hope everyone is enjoying the last long weekend of the summer, even if the weather is set to be gloomy, as long as we are joined by friends and family I'm sure it will be filled with fun and laugether.

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS