8.09.2013

Five on Friday

I'm starting to link up on Friday with Darci at The good Life.  I like the randomness that this post allows, and to link with other mamas alike.  So here it goes.

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
 
{one} After stressing over Lucas' inability to digest dairy products such as yogurt or cheese it looks like we have finally turned a corner.  We started off with introducing again drinkable yogurts at the end June and so far its been great.  We are using Iogo which the Canadian Parenting Magazine rated one of the top products for families this year, and I have to agree that the texture and taste is appealing, and Lucas seems to like it.  We sometimes add smoothies to the yogurt for an afternoon snack.  Also Lucas seems to be digesting cheese just fine now as well.  I'm not going to lie this makes me slightly euphoric, since the Hubby and I are huge cheese lovers, and we can't wait to share that with Lucas, and the worry that he may be experiencing early signs of lactose intolerance was a little disheartening. 

{two} We are off to the Toronto Zoo this weekend on a family double date with my sister, brother-in-law and my amazing niece.  I am so looking forward to it, especially since Lucas loves animals, namely  lions.  Also there is water/splash pad that they have recently added which will be a great break if the weather proves to be on the warmer side.  I'm curious to see how the day will pan out since Lucas is not a huge fan of extended periods of time in the stroller, and I'm actually hoping that the fact that he is walking will make things a little easier.  I will have to update you all on how it goes.

 
{three} Lucas is cutting his eye teeth, and this is hardest time he has had teething.  His appetite is severely off, and if you know Lucas the little guy enjoys his food, so we have been sticking to whatever makes him happy in that department, even if that means fishies and jello for lunch.  It hasn't been affecting his night sleep too much which is a godsend, but his naps have been touch and go.  The oddest side effect when Lucas is teething is his penchant for biting me.  Obviously when teething Lucas is always gnawing on something, but he has this propensity to bite me, and I have tried to be forceful in letting him know that its not ok, and sometimes I get through to him and other times I end up with a bruise.  I hope this is just a phase.
 

{four} Yesterday I had the most awful 24 hour stomach flu, I haven't been that sick since I was pregnant, and no I'm not pregnant!  I am known in my family for always being sick, since I have the weakest immune system ever, but since having Lucas I actually haven't gotten sick once!  I actually went through this whole unpredictable winter weather without so much as a mild sniffle, I'm telling that is record for me.  Let me tell you being sick and having an energetic child to run after is no joke, and I was feeling like death my 12 yesterday, so I'm eternally grateful for my husband being so worried about me that he sent over his parents to come and help with Lucas, and I got mommied a little myself thanks to mother-in-law.  I seriously don't know how the day would have panned out otherwise, since I was feeling pretty weak from not being able to keep anything down.  Cutest side note though, during the morning I often had to run to the bathroom, and my little man, though he was understandably freaked out by me getting sick, would come stand at the door way of the bathroom and keep vigil on me, and even throughout the day, he would sometimes come up to me or look at me just to make sure I was there.  Love that little guy, best medicine ever.

 
{five} Lucas is officially sleeping later, his usual morning wake up now is 6:30-7 and this mama is just a tad excited about it.  Doesn't sound like much, but when you are use to a really early riser, 15 minutes to half an hour is a big deal in this house!
 
Here's hoping my flu doesn't make a repeat performance this weekend!




SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS