8.16.2013

Five on Friday

Linking up again with Darci for Five on Friday


{one} I recently bought this easel from Ikea to start some skill building with Lucas, and to let the little guy get creative.  I'm planning to spray paint it this weekend in banner red, and I'm taking advantage and adding a few pops of red to his room.  I think it will really compliment the blue and brown sports theme really well.


{two} The hubby and I used to be huge tv junkies pre-Lucas, and obviously we still enjoy watching shows together, or a good Saturday night movie, but after long days at work and with the baby we are a little more selective about what we watch since its usually an hour of tv a night before bed.  One show that we discovered last summer, and we are huge fans of is Suits (which airs on Bravo Canada, Wednesday nights at 10).  Love love the witty banter between the characters, and makes me slightly regret not going to law school (only slightly since I know that working at a law firm would not be nearly as exciting as these two make it out to be); the fact that young fake lawyer Mike Ross is played by a Canadian actor only adds icing to the cake.  Plus the two main characters are not too bad to look at...hehe sorry hubby.


{three} Lucas and I have been loving the park lately, and we were a tad excited to find a new one in a nearby neighbourhood this week that had more slides and jungle gyms catered to little kids his size.  I love seeing him move from just enjoying the swing to wanting to run around and play, the look of joy on his face would make any mama smile!

 
{four} I stumbled on this old photo from the day we found out we were pregnant with Lucas.  When we were at the fertility clinic all throughout that cycle we kept going back and forth emotionally, since at first it didn't seem my follicles were going to work and then all of a sudden I had four viable eggs so we dubbed them Spartacus, and we kept that nickname throughout the process and pregnancy since he was our little fighter coming into this world.  So when I got the results from the clinic that day I went out and bought this for Gianni as a way to say that we did indeed have a little Spartacus on the way.  This came up in a conversation with my in laws this weekend, and though in retrospect its pretty darn hilarious, Lucas has lived up to his nickname, in strength, willfulness, and charisma.  
 

 
{five} I have a confession to make - I am a closet One Direction fan!
 
 
They are just so darn adorable, and down to earth, and its not like I love them like I did New Kids on the Block; I love that they are involved in philanthropy and seem to always have fun in their videos making the most of their youth.  I want to pat their heads and make them cookies, and have them over for a play date with Lucas, hehe.  Its funny cause their video for Kiss You came out I watched it with Lucas, and sometimes if I watch one of their videos on youtube when Lucas is in a cranky mood it cheers him up lol.
 
I hope everyone is enjoying the more mild weather we are having this week!



SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS