8.07.2013

Wordless Wednesday - Bowties and Party Animal

This past Saturday we attended the wedding of a family friend.  I loved the woodsy feel to the ceremony and reception (even if the mosquitoes loved me back a little too much that evening!).  Best part though was getting the chance to get all gussied up, and dress up my little guy.  Who says you can't have fun with little boys, I mean tell me that this sort of cuteness is not to die for!
 

 
Dude was not feeling it before we left for the wedding, unfortunately we had to wake him from a deep nap to get ready, and he was not too fond of getting all dressed up.  He was a champ though throughout the evening, not once touching his bowtie or trying to pull it off.  I guess he was loving all the attention he was getting.
 

 
 We took advantage of the beautiful set up for the altar to take some family photos.
 
 
 
Appropriate use of the LOVE for my boys here.
 
 
 As long as Lucas was given free reign to roam around he was a happy camper.  The fact that he is extremely mobile is actually a blessing since its a little easier to keep him entertained at functions.
 
 I'm probably not winning any mommy awards with this one, but I'm not sure I know any European father who doesn't love to dole out a little beer ever so often to their little ones, and boy has Lucas taken a liking to it...I'm pretty sure he threw a tantrum after this sip when we said he couldn't have any more.
 Lucas loves his nonni, and they were very helpful with keeping Lucas entertained that night, especially since he seemed to have boundless energy that evening.
 
 The beautiful bride and groom, love the colour scheme to this wedding.
 
 Just because you have to change into pajamas, doesn't mean you can't keep it classy at a wedding!  Although my sister-in-law was kind of jealous that Lucas got to change into sweat pants lol.
 
 So that boundless energy I was talking about, yup, here's the little guy still going strong at 10pm, a good 2 hours after his bedtime.  Shortly after this he started to finally show signs of crankiness and tiredness, so we left for the evening, and he was out before we hit the end of the street.
 
 
 
Overall I have to say this was a great experience, it showed us that Lucas is not really a baby anymore, and that he can stray from a rigid bedtime if need be, which is great since we are fast approaching a busy birthday and holiday season, so I'm grateful to know that he will love partying it up with the family!

 


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you just gotta let them stay up late. ;) Looks like he had a fabulous time, and you have a beautiful little family!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS