7.17.2013

Wordless Wednesday - Off he goes!

So about 3 weeks ago Lucas made some huge improvements in his quest to walk, and get around more independently.  Slowly he gained more confidence, until it came to a point where he would crawl to anything that would help him stand just so he could walk around.  He's always had amazing motor skills, and strength, so we weren't really surprised that he would be taking his first steps at 9 months.
 
This week he's been learning to stand on his own, without any assistance from us or furniture, so he's been falling a lot as he gains more balance, and a better understanding of his limits.  I'm telling you the kid would rather be running, sometimes he walks to something so fast in his excitement, that he ends up falling and hitting his head, or legs; he's currently sporting some lovely shiners on his forehead! 
 
We actually didn't use any conventional walkers when teaching Lucas to walk, not because we don't agree with them, we hadn't bought one, and when we were going to borrow one from my sister he was already walking well without.  We simply encouraged the little guy, held his hand, gave him as much free reign as he needed, and he just kind of figured it out himself.  I feel like he had a huge desire to walk, and get around, and to a certain degree it really propelled him in that direction.  Now he doesn't even want to hold our hands sometimes, which kind of makes me sad, but I won't dwell on that right now :(
 
Here's a small video of moments the last three weeks of Lucas discovering his walking legs!

This month Lucas has really become a little boy, the walking has given him so much independence lately, he plays well on his own, and he just loves discovering new things.  Now he walks up to you when he wants something, rushes to door when Gianni gets home, comes and finds me in the kitchen when I'm making dinner.  I'm loving it even if it makes me a tad sad.  This picture encompasses kind of what I'm feeling...pride in seeing my little guy walking, but nostalgic as he walks away.


Overall though I'm a pretty proud mama!




SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS