5.11.2015

Weekend Recap - Mother's Day Edition

Another Mother's Day for me, this time with our newest addition.  I can't describe the feeling of love and happiness I get from the mother to these two boys.  Its something I have always wanted and I cherish every moment I get, and am even learning to accept and see the good in those difficult mother moments.
 
On Saturday Gianni had to work, so the boys and I tackled some errands.  I made the grave error in going to Costco on Mother's day weekend.  It was an absolute zoo and no one took pity on the mother with two small children and I was relegated to end of the line with everyone else, a line that went straight through to the end of the store.  Well the boys decided to bestow on me some early mother's day gifts and were angels while we waited almost 45 minutes in line!  Usually I would have called it a day and just left empty handed but there were things I really needed for the house.  The boys just sat there talking to me, to each other, to anyone who would smile at them while I fed them grapes. 
 
After the long wait and playing outside in the wonderful warm weather we had, the boys and I crashed for a 2 hour nap.  I was glorious and just what I needed.
 
Later in the evening we headed to my in laws for dinner, and it was everything a summer night is meant to be.  BBQ.  Cold drinks.  Outside playing in the grass.  And two very tired boys on the way home. 
 










Sunday I was gifted early with the boys both sleeping until 6:15 which in a household of early risers was a blessing indeed.  I got morning snuggles and the most amazing surprise from my boys; the canon rebel I have been eyeing for over a year!  The boys then left me to relax in bed while they made a trip to starbucks.  I had meant to get a pedicure but my usual salon opened late this holiday Sunday, so instead I grabbed an iced coffee and did a little solo shopping, which was so nice. 

Before naps we enjoyed another hot day and played in the kid pool and I played with my new camera.  We had meant to go to the zoo but the weather called for rain and we really didn't want to risk it with two little ones.  So I enjoyed another 2 hour nap with the boys.

Gianni made...and cleaned up after dinner, and we spent the rest of the evening just relaxing together.  He knows that all I really wanted was a day where he took the reins a little more and that I could spend time with my boys.

 
 
 





Hope all you mamas were spoiled by the little ones in your life.

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS