5.05.2015

Show and Tell: Favourite Party Hosted

We like to throw parties.  Sometimes that's just getting our friends together for an impromptu dinner, or lots of BBQs over the summer.  I have a whole box of supplies in the basement ready to go at a moments notice.  I really loved putting together both the boys baptisms which we held at local halls.  I did everything myself from centerpieces to favors for both adults and children. Unfortunately on both occasions I was so busy seeing to everyone's needs that I got almost no photos of all my hard work, on oversight that makes me pretty sad.

My absolute favourite party though that we have hosted has to be Lucas' first birthday party.  The moment we got pregnant all I could think about were the awesome kids parties I could thrown now!  I'm a huge fan of a good theme and we decided to do super hero for the little guys first birthday.  Since the Avengers movie had come out earlier that year all the party stores were stocked on supplies so I went for it. 

We held the party at home, and although I had planned all my decorations and set up for an outdoor event (we had spent good money on getting our patio done that summer for this purpose) the weather didn't cooperate and we were rained inside the morning of the party. I had a banner with all his first year monthly photos, I displayed his scrapbook, and I decorated with a lot of the avenger themed items I got at the party store. 




I also had fun labels for the food, and to decorate the tables I got super cheap potted plants at walmart and then stuck an avengers poster in them.  I purchased this huge avengers poster and used it as background for "photo booth" pictures, where all the guests at some point took a picture with the birthday boy and then I included them in their thank you cards later on.  Pin the shield on the avenger, as a twist on the pin the tail on the donkey game was a huge success with the littles, as was the piñata!

 
 
I prepared baskets with goodies for the children, and then baked my famous Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies and sent a bag home with all guests.  These were such a huge hit that I did it again for Lucas' second birthday and now everyone expects them when they come to my parties.  I will try to get the recipe on the blog sometime soon, they are soft and delicious and rarely last long in the house.


On the flip side that same year we also planned a dinner party as a surprise for my parent's 25th Wedding Anniversary.  I just wanted to share the table setting which I loved putting together.  I took inspiration from my mom's original wedding table and used peach and white flowers and then jazzed everything up with some silver highlights.





I can't wait to see everyone else's fave parties...oh I may or may not be already planning the boys joint party for this September.

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

2 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS