5.19.2015

Show and Tell: Momfessionals Moment

I love this idea that Andrea had for this week's show and tell.  In an age of social media where I feel like so many of us are always showing the good days, those picture perfect moments, we dismiss or fail to show those moments when you just finished fielding an epic tantrum all while feeding the baby; your hair is a mess and you can't remember the last time you wore makeup.    Here are a few of those for real moments.

How I told my toddler that in no uncertain terms could he have sweet cereal for breakfast (they are in the house for special occasions), and then because I've seen them, talked about them, I end up having a bowl while he naps.

How last summer when I was 8 months pregnant, hot and waddling about I would justify taking my toddler to the indoor playground cause it was too hot to play outside but really this way I could just sit and he was entertained by himself for 2 hours.

How after I had Marcus we blocked off a day for random visitors (like friends) to come over and meet the baby and after coming down from nursing I had two huge lanolin cream stains on my shirt...right on my nipples...I realized this after everyone had left.

How I always pour a bigger bowl of golden graham crackers for Lucas so I can sneak a few.

How I let the toddler watch TV while his brother is napping just so I can drink my coffee hot for a change.  Or you know maybe pee without an audience.

How the kids are complaining in the car and I promise we are almost at our destination but really we are an hour away.  Not sure who I'm fooling with this one.

How I "treat" the toddler to a happy meal but really I just felt like treating myself to a big Mac.  This happens with cake pops and Starbucks as well.

How the baby already puts himself to sleep but I sit there and hold him in my arms before bedtime, in the silence and hold him close a little longer cause it's the only time we've been alone all day.  How his sweet hand lays on my chest and his face nuzzles  in the crook of my neck.
And how my sweet independent toddler won't leave the house (even if we are leaving together) without giving me a hug and a kiss so I grab him and smother him with love cause who knows how long I have until kissing mommy becomes gross.



We all do things to survive those exhausting moments, those epic tantrums, those illogical cry fests.

Buts it's all worth.

So completely worth it.








SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

3 comments:

  1. So very funny!! But I've totally treated my kids to stuff from a place that I want dinner from!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! So many of these. Love it. I taking my kids to Burger King far more than I would like to admit just because I want french fries. Same with Starbucks and cake pops!! Love it.
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these!!! And I'm all about taking the "kids" to dinner at one of my favorite places :) Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS