6.27.2013

Sleepless nights

Sleep has been bad for me lately, and there is no one to blame but myself.

Lucas sleeps the whole night, he goes down at about 8-8:15 and sleeps until about 6-6:30 (we sometimes have earlier mornings when he teeth are bothering him), the hubby and I usually hit the sack around 10 after we tidy up the living room, and unwind from the day.  Falling asleep is usually not a problem, I get maybe 3 solid hours of sleep and then its a battle the rest of the night.

I have a lot on my mind lately, decisions to be made, normal family worries, mom anxiety, all the things that plague most women, and I guess its just starting to take it toll on me.  During the day I'm busy caring for my little one, and when he naps I'm always trying to get ahead with housework, and prepping dinner, so there really isn't any time to think about things and worries.  The ironic part of it is that I have never been happier in my life.

I'm blessed with a son who fills my life with laughter and new experiences everyday, and there is nothing more rewarding than seeing him learn a new skill that you have been fostering, as he blossoms under my care.  My marriage is as always rock solid, notwithstanding normal daily annoyances like the husband leaving clothes on the floor (you know what you did Gianni!), we have a great and open relationship that allows us to air out grievances when they happen so they don't fester and cause bigger issues that don't need to be there.  My days lately have been filled with activities with the little guy, and we have reached a new groove with the amazing weather that has blessed us lately.  The house is generally tidied, laundry done, and homemade meals hit the table every night, making my inner domestic goddess that much brighter.

So gosh darn it why can't I sleep!

Hopefully I can find a way to unwind the brain at night, and stop worrying about the little things, especially when all the big things are so amazing.  For now at least once a week I have been playing catch up with sleep and cuddle against Lucas for a nap, can't complain really about that!



SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS