6.05.2013

Wordless Wednesday - Daddy Time

I recently read a study that the relationship between a child and their father is actually more important in developing a sense of security in babies and young children.  I originally wasn't too sure how I felt about this, after all mothers spend more time in general with their children, and it kind of discredits the role we play in their development.  But after giving it more thought, I think its a beautiful thing, and it fosters such a bond and close relationship between fathers and children. 

It makes me happy to know that Lucas is growing up fully aware that his father will always protect him as much as he can, and that their relationship is just as important as the woman who cleans his butt and feeds him 90% of the day!

The study went on to say that rough-housing and playing between fathers and children is very important in motor and social skill building.  This actually makes sense to me.  As mothers we try to do everything we can to help develop our child, but when you're home with them all day you can't spend the entirety of that time playing and doing skill games, as much as I would want to, and sometimes do lol.  There are always things to do around the house, and cooking to be done, I actually try to get Lucas involved in any of these activities, as much as I can, sometimes narrating what I'm doing.  For the most part fathers are the good time people, and I'm ok with that.  It warms my heart when Gianni gets home at the end of the day, and I'm making dinner, so Lucas is running around the kitchen playing with his "kitchen basket", and he immediately runs to the door the moment he hears the knob turn.  Its as if he knows a good time has walked in the door, and well of course he loves his daddy too.

With this in mind we are actually going to implement at least a once a month outing where Gianni takes Lucas out just the two of them.  At least for a few hours, not all day, I'm not ready for that...I know I know I need to learn to let go, I'm trying people.  I think it will be nice and important for both of them to have daddy and Lucas time, and it will be nice for Mommy to have some alone time too hehe.

Long story short, daddy time is just as important to the little people, as much as spending the day with mommy is!

 
 
 
 


SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS