6.14.2013

Little Letters (vol. 7)

Dear Dad - I remember visiting you in your office and sitting on your knees while you made phone calls, and you gave me paper to draw on; then you would play the penny game with me for what seemed like hours, even though I knew you would get bored with it long before I did.

Dear Dad - I remember the day we spent the whole day shopping for Mommy's birthday, just the two of us, and you asked for my opinion on what to buy, and then you took me to the bakery to grab a cake and got a treat for me on the way home.

Dear Dad - I remember all the times you would take the girls and I on weekend excursions, singing in the car, making everything feel like an adventure.

Dear Dad - I remember every song you have sung to me, and now I sing them to my little guy cause they are still so special to me.

Dear Dad - I remember every argument and disagreement we have had, all the lectures you gave me, all the words of wisdom you have imparted, all the times when you just talked to make sure I knew what I was doing, and it may not have seemed so back then, but every lesson has stayed with me.

Dear Dad - I remember you walking me down the aisle, holding my hand so tight I didn't think you would let go, and crying when you left my house the night I moved out.
Dear Dad - I remember you holding your grandson for the first time, and I finally understood all the pain and love you have been going through since I was born.

 
Dear Dad, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of everything you gave me growing up and just because I don't say it often, or maybe at times you think I have forgotten, your love is an important part of my life.  I have your good memory, so I could never forget all our times and moments, and feel blessed that we keep making memories.  Love you.



SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS