6.03.2015

{Recipe} Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Cookies

This was originally a recipe from the food network website that after making a few times I've changed around a bit.  I've cut the sugar down a bit since I use semi sweet chips and I cut the cooking time so they are softer and chewy.


 I first made these for Lucas' first birthday as part of the favors for everyone to take home at the end of the night.  The next day everyone called me to tell me they were the best cookies they've ever had!  I like to cook, but more so I love to bake.  For me its like giving someone a warm hug, and often I like to show my appreciation for someone or commemorate an occasion with baking something.


Here's what you need:

1 cup of butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1cup of white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup of white flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
3  cups of rolling oats
1 1/25 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips


Cream the butter, with the eggs, sugars, and vanilla.  In a separate bowl add all dry ingredients, except the chocolate.  Add in two batches to the wet ingredients until combined, don't over mix.

Fold in the chocolate chip and scoop with a cookie scooper (about 2 tablespoons worth of batter), if you're using an ice cream scooper they tend to be a touch bigger so add about 2 to 3 minutes to cooking time.

Bake for 14 minutes at 325 F.


These are a huge hit with the little guy too! 

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS