6.19.2015

Friday Favourites

I'm so glad to see this week end and I'm just hoping for some much needed relaxation this weekend.  The boys came down with colds late Monday and I caught it the next day and it's been pure torture around here.  Caring for two sick kids is never going to be a walk in the park but doing so while you're not even at half your mental capacity is just awful.  But like most moms I put my big girl panties on and found strength to soldier on. 




This picture is a FAVOURITE of mine from the beginning of the week.  A calm before the storm sort of thing.  If two rambunctious boys could ever be considered calm really.


Just before the full brunt of the cold hit me I tried to keep the boys entertained with indoor activities since the weather has been on and off around here anyway.  I let them "paint" in the tub with a little eucalyptus thrown in the water to help clear the sinuses.  This activity was a huge hit and FAVOURITE.  I simply filled the muffin tin with a few pumps of baby wash and water and a couple of drops of food colouring.


I definitely had the tv on way more than usual and while it keeps Lucas entertainer if doesn't hold Marcus' attention quite yet.  This pic is a FAVOURITE OF mine where I caught both boys mesmerized by an episode of Mickey  Mouse.  First time mom Sylvie would be horrified that Marcus was watching TV, current Sylvie was eternally grateful for the 15 mins of peace this afforded me.


We got a break in the incessant rain the past two weeks on Wednesday and I caught this FAVOURITE moment.  Playing together in peace.  That sweet little brother hand holding on to his big brother.


Also can someone tell thus little one that he isn't big enough to be sitting like this at the picnic table


While we were outside I checked on our veggies garden.  This is the first time that we are planting radishes and I can't believe how fast and big they have grown.  We have watched more than I was expecting and I'm thinking if pickling some for salads.


Yesterday I wanted a do over before I even had a chance to eat breakfast.  Lucas threw a tantrum over everything, from the shirt I picked for him to wear, from the way I cut his toast, and forgetting to let him turn off the light in his room (he's obsessed with lights right now).  I ran to the store with them to grab a few necessities which was a HUGE mistake.
So when we got home I let them blow off a little steam in the back yard while I sat and enjoyed a much needed hot beverage.  In the interest of keeping them entertained in one spot I filled a bucket with water, threw in a few drops of dish soap and gave them whisks to mix the water and make bubbles.   Anything with water is always a bug FAVOURITE with these two.   I've seen this activity on pinterest before and it calls for adding some food colouring to the bucket but I didn't want to deal with a huge mess so I will do that another time.



Hope everyone has a great time celebrating the dads in our lives this weekend. 



SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope everyone gets better! That is the stinky thing about being a stay at home mom- when you are sick there's no calling off. If I am really bad I ask my husband to stay home, but generally I try not to do that too often so like you said, most of the time it's just soldiering through!
    And I say don't feel at all guilty about a little Mickey Mouse. It helps them to relax and rest too, which they need. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you all feel better & have a better week this week :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to start a garden for so long now (but it's so much work!) But seeing your radish is pretty encouraging and tempting! One of these days I will get around to it :)

    Being a mama is a tough job with no sick days, you're right! But these days fly by so quickly and you'll miss them when the boys are grown. Treasure these precious moments. And bravo to you being a mom 24/7/365. It's a lot of work and I know it (I'm a part time nanny.) You're doing great!

    Hope everyone feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS