4.17.2014

Why I want another son

Today is the day, I'm off in a few hours to my anatomy scan and I'm so excited!  I have mentioned how I would love to add a daughter to our family, but I'm actually equally excited to add another son.

I have loved every minute of being a mother to a son.  His energy is exhausting, but its also healing, and nothing makes me melt more when he reaches for me and calls out mama when he needs me more than anyone else.  I am loving the learning experience that is having a boy in the family, and what the future has to hold for me when he becomes a big boy, and enters the teenage years.  I get misty eyed just thinking of how I get the special mother/son dance at his wedding, or how I am responsible for molding a man who I know with mine and his father's guidance will become the gentleman, provider, and amazing human being his own father is, well its enough to send my emotions sky rocketing.

Before Lucas I never imagined myself a boy mom, but now with this second pregnancy I can actually envision my life as only a boy mom.  I picture a life of taking my boys to soccer practice, relishing and maybe dreading just a little the antics of two energetic boys, watching two at their father's side as he gardens in the backyard, or takes them golfing while mommy gets much deserved time alone.  I feel like when you have children life becomes a whirlwind, and you are forever controlled by these little people that you yourself brought into your life.  I am convinced though that with two boys, my life will never have a peaceful moment, and I will forever be living in a blur of shenanigans and mischief.  I secretly cannot wait for it.

If having a son was completely foreign to me before having Lucas, well the relationship between brothers is even more so.  I would love to have another boy just for that reason.  To give Lucas a companion that he can learn with, someone who will join him in his nefarious antics around the house, someone who will conspire with him when they are teenagers (even if this one gives me anxiety just thinking of the trouble they could cause together), so that they may always have someone to look out for each other.  I am not naive, I know this will not be without their moments, times when they will fight over the same toy, wrestle each other over the remote, get in each others' faces and argue sometimes constantly; that is after all the crux of growing up with siblings period.

Well enough postulating about what the future holds for us, I'm off to put everyone's guessing to rest.




SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

2 comments:

  1. I seriously could have written this EXACT post a few weeks back before we found out #2 was a girl. Can't wait to hear what you're having!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so excited for today I could barely sleep last night. I also added my Easter Basket post to your link up. I can't wait to read more from your blog!

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS