4.07.2014

Scenes from the Weekend

We had such a great weekend.  Exhausting, but oh so much fun.



As part of our gift to my little sister for her birthday we took her and Lucas to the Science Center for the day on Saturday.  Both kids loved it so much, and Lucas was so well behaved that it just made the whole day enjoyable.  My sister Gyselle and the hubby have a shared love for science and how things work, so they were like two peas in a pod the whole day learning about things, and Gianni was always keen on answering her questions.  I can't believe that Gyselle was only three when Gianni entered my life, and in many ways she has never known a life without him in it, and he has always been an amazing big brother to her.


Gyselle was so great with Lucas too, always ready to hold his hand, and discover things with him.  Makes me so proud of the little woman she is becoming.  Best line of the day: Gyselle telling me that if I want her to babysit she will waive the $1 an hour fee cause we took to the science center.



Both kids conked out on the way home from all the walking.  I wish I could say this meant a nice long nap, cause Lord knows this mama could have used one too but it was not to be.  After a fun bath together we headed out for dinner at Mandarin with my parents.  It was such a great night, Lucas continued his streak of being in a great mood and I passed out like a light that night.

Unfortunately Sunday say Lucas wake up at 4:45am!  I thought he was set to sleep in with the day's before antics, and poor nap, but  guess he knew that it was his cousin's birthday party and he was raring to go.

I can't believe that we were celebrating Emily's THIRD birthday.  Seriously where has the time gone.  She is such a sweet, talkative, and spunky little girl, and there are no words for how much I love her.  She celebrated with a beautiful Sofia the First party planned by my sister, at an indoor playground that had all the kids running around and expending all their energies before bed.


Emily was the sweetest when she was opening gifts, exclaiming "what?!" every time she opened something new, and just so happy for all her gifts.  She adored the attention which was so cute to watch since last year she absolutely hated it.

The cutest part of the evening had to be when it was time to cut the cake.  Emily insisted on singing Happy Birthday to herself before anyone else could sing to her, and watching as her closest family gazed lovingly at her was just so beautiful


And where was my child throughout this all.  Playing, I swear he had the time of his life, and was non too happy when it was time to leave, but then rewarded his tired mommy by sleeping in until 7am this morning.  Its the small pleasures in life.


We are off to enjoy the spring like weather today, hope everyone else enjoyed their weekends as much as we did.

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS