3.21.2014

Five on Friday

Its been a rough week around here.  I have had some late onset morning sickness and it isn't fun having it so late in the game.  I hate that I have to close the door on Lucas so that he doesn't see me get sick, and he just stays behind the door waiting to see me and make sure that I'm ok, and then when I come out he wraps his little arms around my legs and its the best kind of medicine.  On to my five and what's on my mind this week.

ONE
Lucas isn't really old enough to sit through a whole movie but that didn't stop me from buying us a copy of Frozen this week!  When it first came out I youtubed the now famous "Let it Go" video, and both the little guy and I were just in love with the song.  So after a pretty rough morning we snuggled in bed and watched half the movie together (I've since finished it and I am even more obsessed with the movie).  It was another cold day and it was the perfect excuse to stay in bed!


TWO
I haven't really had a sweet tooth this pregnancy but I'm loving to bake and cook up meals which is welcome change.  This week I tried a new ginger molasses cookies recipe a friend of mine shared, and they are now my new favourite cookie to make.  The recipe is relatively easy, and I may share it later next week, for now here's a preview of their yummy goodness.


THREE
I'm a huge history buff, I do have a double degree in history and English after all.  So fiction and tv shows that have some sort of historical content are usually high on my list of fave things to do on my free time.  Right now there are a few historical shows that I'm absolutely loving namely Reign on the CW, which centers around Mary Queen of Scots during the 16th Century, while the show is geared to romanticize the story, I'm completely sucked in to the retelling, and court intrigue.  I still haven't been able to watch any of the new episodes of Vikings on the History Channel, but they are waiting for my viewing pleasure on my DVR.  I warn you its a pretty gruesome and violent show, and I originally didn't think I was going to like it, but at the urging of my husband to give it a try, I'm equally drawn to the story.


FOUR
At the suggestion of a fellow mommy blogger I started using this website 1+1+1=1 to add some more educational content to Lucas' craft time and daily routine, and I have to say I'm impressed and loving it.  I haven't gathered all the material yet, nor have I used any of the sensory box suggestions  I have only stuck to the alphabet activity sheets so far, and I have to say after about a week and half of doing activities with Lucas I have already noticed a huge improvement in his vocabulary, and even his interest in doing the activities.  I know as moms we are always trying to do more for our children, and it can get really overwhelming sorting through all the information floating everywhere; and I find this website really helps organize things for us busy moms.


FIVE
Last week I had my sister over for the day and she was so great with her little nephew.  Its really amazing to see her grow into this little lady, and watch her care for the littles in her life.  I leave you with these adorable pics of the two of them together.




SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

  1. Hello from the link up!! Sorry about your morning sickness :( That can make for rough days! Your lit'l guy is a cutie :) We love Frozen too!! Such a great movie!! Hope you're enjoying a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS