3.24.2014

15 Weeks

This is a pretty awful pic, but I completely forgot to get the hubby to take one yesterday so this will have to do!

How far along - 15 weeks

Baby is the size of - an apple

Sleep - Since about 7 weeks I have already started waking up in the middle of the night to pee at least once or twice.  I'm sure its because I'm always thirsty, and have been drinking copious amounts of water.  I try to curb my intake before bed but its between going to bed with a parched mouth or waking up in the middle of night I will always pick the later.  That being said sleep is just OK, and I try to compensate for the occasional poor night with naps beside the little man.

Gender - We will be finding out April 17th, and I'm so excited.  I'm a planner, and especially after already having one child I would like to know in advance if I can re-purpose Lucas' clothes.  I'm pretty bad at guessing, but I have had feelings towards this one being a girl only for the fact that this pregnancy has been completely different from my first.

Movement - I've had the occasional flutters which as always so funny feeling, but this week I had my first real kick, and it was just as amazing as I remember it!

Food Cravings/Aversions - No real aversions yet, just sometimes a random food item will sound completely unappealing at a certain moment.  I've been loving carbs this time around, like bread and pastas make me very happy.  Also loving on ham sandwiches loaded with pickled eggplant!

Symptoms - This week I've battles some early morning nausea that seriously gives me the sweats, especially since I'm not always puking I just get this overwhelming urge to be sick and it takes a lot of heavy breathing to get the nausea to pass.  Usually eating something helps, unfortunately I'm on a medication to regulate my thyroid levels that need to be taken on an empty stomach, and then I have to wait at least half an hour before I can eat, which to a pregnant woman feels like an eternity.  I'm still pretty exhausted these days, but having an active toddler really contributes to that.  Something that I have been dealing with as well, which I had none of the first time around are some real nasty headaches, they come fast and furious, and even a nap doesn't seem to quell the pain.  I researched foods that could be causing it and none of them are really part of my diet right now, also stress is a huge factor.  If anyone knows of some home remedies that could help I would love to hear them.

Best moment this week - we have been dealing with the motherload of winter this year, so the fact that we enjoyed a few milder days where we could get out for a walk and breathe in some fresh air made me super happy.  Also that first baby kick is still pretty high up there :)

What I miss - I did not miss alcohol at all my first pregnancy, but I craved more sweets then too, I guess cause this time I'm loving on carbs and sandwiches I'm really missing beer hehe.

What I'm looking forward to - This coming weekend is my little sister's birthday, and I'm looking forward to celebrating the fact that she is turning 10! Double digits people!

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS