4.29.2015

What's Up Wednesday

Joining Shay, Sheaffer, and Mel for a new monthly Wednesday link up where we all catch up on some randoms going on in our crazy mommy lives.



What are we eating this week:

I'm not going to lie, the Hubby makes dinner a lot of evenings after he comes home from work.  Not because I don't like to cook, its the opposite actually, but because the hubby LOVES to cook.  Often I try to get dinner prepped during nap and then he cooks it when he gets home, or we cook together.  If its fish then its all me since he hates cooking that.  Some dishes I just like to cook on my own and the hubby won't touch cause he doesn't want to mess with my recipe.  This week I'm making my famous meatballs.  I use toast bread dipped in milk instead of bread crumbs which make them super moist,

What I'm reminiscing about:

With Mother's Day coming and us now being a family of four I've been thinking back to last year when I celebrated with just Lucas and how much life has changed in the last year already.


Look at that face.  That baby face.  I look at Lucas now and he's just seemed so grown up since becoming a big brother.  He communicates more.  He's helpful.  He is rambunctious.  He has the kindest soul. and he's everything I could have asked for in a son.  He originally gave me this amazing job in motherhood, and he will always be my first baby.



What I'm loving:
I don't know why but this was actually kind of hard to answer.  But the one big thing I guess that I'm absolutely loving is that Marcus started sleeping better.  I have a post scheduled for some of my woes in this department, but this week he seems to have turned a corner and well when baby sleeps better, mommy sleeps better and everyone is just a little happier. 


What we've been up to:

The weather has been honestly temperamental at best.  We actually had some sprinkling of snow last week.  So the last few days have been much milder, sunny but cool which is the best kind of weather for walks and trips to the park.  I try to get out as much as I can or else I fall into a rut of staying home too easily, so the nicer weather has really kicked my butt in gear; and Lucas especially loves to be outdoors. 




What I'm dreading:

Potty Training! Boo!  I have to admit I have a love/hate relationship with diapers.  Changing two boys in diapers can get a little daunting at times but sometimes the ease of not having to deal with public restrooms and a toddler who has to touch everything (all the germs, oh the horror) is kind of appealing.  That being said I know its time to buckle down and get it done.  We've already for the last few months started introducing the idea of potty time but its not really sticking so I'm thinking the 3 day rule is going to take effect soon in this household.  I've blocked Victoria weekend to do it cause the hubby will be home for 3 days and can help with the baby while I deal with the pee and poop situation that will be the toddler.  I'm hoping some cool undies will entice him this time better than last did.


I mean look at that cute derriere in undies! 


What I'm working on:

I've been spring cleaning for the last few weeks.  Things had gotten a little out of hand with the state of cupboards and closets, so I've been slowly tacking them and purging a ton.  I'm kind of in love with the upstairs closet right now and it makes me happy opening the doors and seeing all the craft supplies organized and everything in neat boxes.



What I'm excited about:
We just found that my sister who is expecting this September is having another girl!  When we were younger and dreaming of being moms I always wanted girls and my sister wanted boys; well I guess God had other plans!  I can't wait to dote on another niece, I already love my sweet Emily to bits.


What I'm watching/reading:

Hi my name is Sylvie and I like trashy reality T.V.  I am a glutton for anything reality.  Real Housewives.  The Bachelor.  Big Brother.  I usually binge watch them during nap time and the craziness sucks me in every time.  That being said my current fave is Married at First Sight.  The premise: three couples have been matched by experts and first meet at the altar and marry instantly.  Crazy! 


I'm also a huge history fan (I have a bachelors degree in History and English), so my DVR is currently full of the first season and current episodes of Outlander.  I've been hearing rave reviews of the series and can't wait to find time to binge watch them...which will probably happen sometime between naps and never sleeping again.


My night stand always has at least three books that I am currently reading.  There is always a historical/political book, an easy chick book and then a more serious book.  Here's a look st what's sitting there now.  I actually haven't started The Husband's Secret yet.  I picked it up this weekend after everyone is blog land has been raving about it.

What I'm listening to:

Does the theme song to Team Umizoomi count? Honestly it's kind of hard to listen to music on a regular basis and when we have dance parties in the evening it's usually a mix of country and current top 40s.

What I'm wearing:

Nothing exciting here.  Just your basic mom uniform of sweats and sneakers.  I scored these sneakers for $20 at Walmart and they are seriously the most comfortable shoes I own right now.  Although I'm looking forward to flip flop weather.   I live in those over the summer . 



What I'm doing this weekend:

We are planning a play date dinner with the hubby's best friend and his family.  They also had a baby around the same time Marcus was born and its been a few weeks since we've all seen each other.

Also we are planning on taking Marcus to the Community pool for the first time.  I'm super excited about this one.  We started taking Lucas to the pool quite young as well and he's never been afraid of the water.  Marcus already enjoys sitting in the big tub with his brother so I'm thinking we may have another water baby on our hands.  This is a picture from the first time we took Lucas swimming, its blurry but check out those baby swim trunks!



What I'm looking forward to next month:

I'm really looking forward to celebrating Mother's Day as a family of 4!  The hubby has already told me that he has plans for that Sunday, which is kind of a surprise and I can't wait to be pampered by my three men.

Also my little sister is in her first school production of Beauty and the Beast and I can't wait to have a girls night with my mom and sister to go see the play.  The littlest of the family is true to youngest child syndrome, she's dramatic and loves to be center of attention.  This adorable picture I found of her on my computer this week is her to a tee.


I can't believe this picture was taken 8 years ago!

What else is new:

I mentioned in my life update that Marcus is already crawling.  He started at exactly his seven month birthday, the same time his big brother did.  Well in the last two weeks he's gone from gingerly getting around on all fours to just tearing up the floor.  He moves around with incredible speed, and I swear I put him sitting in the living room and head to the kitchen to make my coffee and I turn around and he's practically at my feet already. 

With his new found speed has come this need to see the world around him with more ease, which means that he's been pulling himself up to standing on anything that he's gets a firm hold on, and just standing everywhere.  We've already had a few mishaps of losing his balance and me not getting to him soon enough, but he's undeterred and loving being closer to his brother's height.  I'm predicting that he will be walking by his nine month birthday like his brother which should make for a very exhausting summer.


What I'm getting my mom for Mother's Day/What do I want:

We don't always see my mom on Mother's Day but in the last few years I've given her flowers or new framed pictures of the boys with a gift certificate. 

I'm pretty sure I'm with a lot of you moms out there, especially those with babies, that would just love a morning to sleep in.  I want a morning where I can I sleep until 8 (at least) and then lounge in bed with my coffee and a book completely uninterrupted.  Even better if the hubby took the kids out in the morning so I could do this in peace and not feel compelled to head downstairs and care to crying baby and tantrum prone toddler.  I wouldn't mind a craft from said toddler loving made with the husband for me as well.

But materialistically I've been eying a new more professional camera.  Ever since becoming a mom I've taken thousands of pictures, and often for holidays like Mother's Day I set up mini photo shoots with the littles, and I would love a better camera to do so.  I would even love to start dabbling in some amateur photo sessions with family members to practise.




SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

8 comments:

  1. Potty training is NOT fun but the three days worked for me. You just have to be strong and stick with it!
    Love that camera!
    <3 Sarita it's my girls' world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! I need all the positive mommy vibes I can get!

      Delete
  2. Your kiddos are adorable! Stopping by from the link up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kiddos are adorable! Stopping by from the link up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kiddos are too cute! I agree that the 3 day training method worked very well for my kiddos! I have that camera and LOVE it! Stopping by from the link up! Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a baby sleeping through the night!! That's a big thing to love! And my daughters both walked early - exhausting for sure (although also super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boys are so cute!
    Yay for more sleep, I would love that!
    Hang in there for potty training. I just used the 3 day method for Luke over Spring Break & it worked in about 4-5 days, not 3!! Feel free to email me if you have questions!!! You can do it!
    Thanks for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS