11.08.2013

Five on Friday

Its been a long week around here.  Lucas is having a hard time teething his molars, and wakes up really early because of it, which in turn makes for some really long days, especially if he isn't in the best of moods.  We have been keeping busy with crafts and outings, but I'm usually ready for bed when Lucas goes down for the night too!  On to this week's five.

one
Next week we have our family photos for our Christmas card, and I'm pretty excited about them, more so cause its giving me an excuse for some mommy time this Sunday.  While the boys stay home and watch football, I'm going for a much needed haircut, and I'm working up the courage to chop a lot off.  I'm thinking of maybe a bit longer than this version from Katie Holmes.  I definitely need some texture and a bit of a new look, but I want still the option of being up to pull my hair up if needed.

two
In the interest of helping teach new words to Lucas, and having realized his newfound love for crafts I started a routine of centering at least three crafts a week around a new word.  This week we worked on tree, and it has been really great.  I have a whole post dedicated to our activities but for now here's a preview of the fun he's been having.


three
I recently purged several boxes of books from my collection and donated them to my brother in law's school.  It was actually a lot easier to part with them than I thought, if I didn't think I would read the book again then in the box it went.  There were a few book on the shelf that I haven't gotten around to reading yet so they are up next on my list, but all the extra space has me itching to go to Chapters and fill them up!  I'm staying away for awhile, or else.  Book nerd problems.

 
I have lost it when this has happened, especially to a new book!

four
I've slowly started getting the house Christmas ready, and I'm itching to put the tree up, but I'm waiting until next week after the Santa Parade.  I have a few DIYs that I'm working on this year to spruce up my décor, and trying to make a few non breakable things for my living room, since I have a toddler who thinks that anything within his grasp is a either a toy, a teether, or just plain his to do as his likes.

five
I've been mildly obsessed with researching events and activities for the upcoming Christmas season, since its by fair my absolute favourite time of the year.  Last year we didn't do that much since Lucas was only two months old, so I really want to try to do more this year.  Last year I went to the mall for his Santa pictures near my sister's house, and I will definitely be going back there for sure, the Santa is incredibly believable, and was just a jolly (hehe) man.  Last year we had no tears, so lets hope for a repeat performance.  Lucas is a pretty social kid, so I'm not too worried.  Can't wait for another round of cuteness like last year's, maybe with a smile though instead of the worried stare lol.


And just because here's my little man in a bout of laughter, this smile is the only thing that makes teething, poor sleep, and crankiness really that much more bearable.


Have a great weekend everyone!

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS