11.03.2014

About Me

Hi I'm Sylvie. 

I'm married to my best friend, I know most women say that but for me it really is 100% true.  He's the one I go to for advice, he's seen me at my worse and best, he's the yin to my yang, complete opposites in so many things, and yet we see eye to eye on the most essential things in our lives.  We met in the most random way on facebook, and we knew after our first date that we had inexplicably found The One.  Fast forward, three years later and we married on an unseasonably warm April day in 2010, and started a life that continues to exceed any expectations we had. 


After changing our original plans, we decided to start a family soon after the honeymoon, only to have our world turned upside down when we were faced with fertility issues.  Countless months trying, finally seeking professional help, and being told that there were so many obstacles in our way we conceived at a fertility clinic in the winter of 2012 and welcomed our miracle baby, our son Lucas in September of that year.  Growing up in a household of sisters, and having predominantly girl cousins I was faced with a future of raising a boy, a tiny little man that stole my heart the moment I laid eyes on him, and who has taught me more about myself that I ever could have imagined. 


Knowing the trials we faced the first time around, shortly after Lucas' first birthday we paid a visit to our doctor and started what we assumed would be the long process of attempting to conceive another child; only to be pleasantly surprised with a pregnancy 3 months later, almost exactly at the same time of year as last time.  We welcomed Marcus this past September, almost exactly two years after his brother. 


To welcome another son into my life has brought me more joy and excitement for the future than I ever imagined.  I always knew I wanted to be a mother, and having sisters I always dreamed of a life of little girls playing dress up, but this life that I have been blessed with is even better, its one unexpected and for that so much more exhilarating.  I am queen of my castle, and really who could complain about that. 

I'm living my dream of being a stay at home mom.  Some days are boring.  Some days are filled with a routine I set for my boys.  Some days we spend doing crafts, playing at the park, visits to the library or play groups.  Other days we stay in our pajamas all day long.  It may not be fascinating to anyone else, and it may just be ordinary, but for me that's what makes it special, its the everyday joys.

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS