12.11.2013

Wordless Wednesday - First Haircut

Lucas was born with a pretty good head of hair, which everyone always found so amusing and ironic, because the Hubby is balding, and I have the thinnest hair.  Well here was my child with the thickest, darkest hair, and I wondered for a minute if he was even mine.  He went through the stage most babies born with hair do, and lost quite a bit at the top of his head, and he resembled his father a lot during that time, but he never lost all of it.  In the last six or seven months, his hair just started taking on a life of its own, and it continued to grow, got a lot lighter, and it had the most unbelievably gorgeous baby curls.


Lately I had resigned myself to the fact that he was going to need a haircut sooner than later. His bangs kept flying into his face, his hair was looking a little redneckish in the back with the longest mullet looking rat tail, and overall I was starting to worry that people were going to mistake him for a girl.  The Hubby for some reason was having a harder time letting go of the baby curls than I was, but one evening during bath time he saw just how long his hair in the back really was, and he finally agreed with me.

The next worry I had before heading to the hairdressers was just how well or badly Lucas was going to handle the touching of his head and hair, since he oftentimes wouldn't even allow me to brush it after a bath!  Well I booked the appointment at our local Melonheads, just to be on the safe side since the specialize in children's haircuts, and I am so glad I did.  Lucas walked in a cool cat, taking in all the different chairs from an airplace, to a ferrari, but he settled on Thomas the Train, and once sitting in the train he was just the most agreeable little man ever.  We double lucked out with the hair stylist who was so great with him, and was just so great at making sure that Lucas never even saw the scissors in her hand.  Result...Lucas sat through a ten minute haircut, never once crying, never trying to get out of the chair, and smiling at the lady and anyone who would look at him, the whole time.  At one point another little boy came in for a cut, and he was just so miserable, crying and ranting the whole time and I thought for sure we are done for it now, Lucas is really sensitive to other children crying and we thought he was going to start fussing in sympathy for the other kid; instead he looked at me like he didn't understand what the big deal was.



Overall such a great experience, and moment.  Sorry for the lame looking photos I completely forgot my camera and had to make do with the phone.

And just like that I lost my baby, and gained a little boy!

 

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS