12.03.2013

Holiday Gift Guide - Toddler Edition

Every year my side of the family has done Kris Kringle for the adults at Christmas time, we are just too many people to buy individual gifts for everyone.  Usually I still give something baked, or framed photos for my parents.  So this year we all decided to forgo that tradition and just spoil all the little ones in the family. 

In the interest of getting things for the kids that they would actually need and appreciate all the moms sent out a list of their kid's likes.  Here's a synthesized version of what Lucas is into this year, and some ideas for gifts for him.



1. Mega Blocks - He recently has taken an interest in building things, and this is a great toy to help enhance motor skills by putting the blocks together and tearing them apart.

2.  Lucas loves to be read to, and its honestly a proud moment when he grabs a book and brings it over to be read.  His favourites are definitely Karen Katz flip and flap books.  They are engaging, interactive, and quite entertaining.  He already has a growing collection, and I just discovered how many more there are!

3. Leap Frog Letter Factory - So I already know he's getting this, and I already know he loves it.  I was running errands at Walmart the other day, and grabbed a toy to keep him entertained while I continued to shop.  He figured out how to use it, and was trying to imitate the sounds of the letters and words while playing with it.  I was already a fan, since I'm a sucker for educational toys, but when I saw how he responded to it I was sold.

4. Little People's Farm - We practice animal sounds and names often when we are doing learning games and exercises, and as a consequence Lucas is pretty fond of animals.  This will be a great addition to our growing animal kingdom.

5. Trucks - I have resigned myself to a life of trucks and dirt!  Lucas loves like any boy his trucks, this is also am ever growing collection, but when he's playing with them and makes his little vroom vroom sounds, well its enough to make this mama smile.

Gianni and I had been debating getting Lucas a play kitchen as his big gift this year, since he loves to be in the kitchen with us, and takes an interest in making food.  However, they can get pricey, and I wasn't too sure how well he would play with one, but then I scored this Little Tikes Gourmet Kitchen set for $50 and I just couldn't say no.

 
Since we saved big time on the kitchen set, I have my eyes on a Little Partners Learning Tower.  I found this little gem from a fellow blogger and have been obsessed with it ever since.  Lucas often hangs with us in the kitchen sitting on the island and its not the most ideal situation since I need to swipe the area completely devoid of anything remotely dangerous from the little guys quick hands.  This learning tower is the ultimate in steeping stools for children, and allows them to participate in activities in the kitchen, and elsewhere.  I just saw that they are on sale, and may be making this purchase for Christmas as well! 

 

Happy Shopping everyone.

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS