1.07.2014

Appreciating 2014

I am still alive in case anyone out there was wondering.  I took a break from blogging for several reasons; I really wanted to enjoy the holidays with my family especially since this year Lucas understood just a little more what was going on around him, I barely took photos during the holidays because I really just wanted to soak everything in.  We were also busy with some house and family projects that hopefully I will be able to share with all of you soon.  Lastly, I just needed to recharge my batteries, and begin with a new outlook for the new year.

With that being said I am currently making some changes to look of the blog, and although the URL will be the same my little corner of the blogsphere will now be called "EVERYDAY JOYS" so next week when it becomes live don't think you are lost, you are indeed in the right place.  I just felt that this new name encompassed more my outlook, and feelings about what I write about, and indeed that is how I feel right now about my life, that they are small and wonderful joys that happen in my everyday life.

I have seen many mommy bloggers begin the new year by forgoing resolutions and instead picking a word in which to live their lives this year.  I for one love love this idea, because I hate resolutions, I suck at keeping them, and often find that I unrealistically put too much pressure on myself surrounding them.  Instead picking a word that should encompass how I want to confront the year ahead just feels right to me, and way more up my alley.

So this year I want to APPRECIATE.

I want to forget the petty things that often consume too much of my time, worrying me unnecessarily when I have more important things that I could concentrate on.  I don't want the bad things in relationships I have to be my focus, and instead appreciate the amazing things those same relationships being to my life, and how rewarding they are deep down.

I want to appreciate all the little moments I have with my little man, before he no longer wants to snuggle against me in the morning, or rushes to me when he needs me.  I want to appreciate and savour every new word he learns, every smile he bestows on me, and every moment good and bad.  I will learn to appreciate his tantrums and realize that they are part of his growing pains; and try to appreciate every strong willed moment of contention, since it really only shows how much alike his parents he truly is.  I will appreciate him in my life, because he is my pride and joy.

I want to appreciate my marriage more, and try to find time for just the two of us in our crazy lives.  Appreciate the fact that my husband is my best friend, and learn to appreciate the small things we do for each other, and stop sweating the big things, that truly don't matter.

I want to appreciate the life I have, the stability of my home and family, the things I have and not the things I want.

Here's to appreciating 2014 and everything it will bring.

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS