1.28.2014

Cousin Love

I can never express enough how much joy it brings me to see Lucas play and socialize with his cousin.  My sister and I grew up with a boat load of cousins when we lived in Portugal growing up, but time has seen us all grown apart and living on different continents around the world.  It has always been my wish to have the cousin grow up together, and have each other as play companions, and hopefully one day that will foster a bigger and greater relationship.  No pressure :)


This past weekend we spent the day with my sister and niece, and I'm just loving this new stage in their relationship.  With Lucas playing and understanding more its so sweet to see them interact, and often scrap it out like its no one's business.  Emily at almost three is such a little miss, and it was just too adorable to see her rat her cousin out when he threw toys, or touched her craft.  Lucas is really big on sharing food and drinks, but Emily is not so keen, so her cute little indignant look when she would catch her cousin drink from her sippy cup was just too much to handle.  Oh and the battle for the same toy has slowly begun, and like great mommies my sister and I just let them handle it themselves, after all they need to learn to deal with each other.


This pic kills me.  Real boys play with My Little Pony!


My fave moment had to be when they took a bath together, and Lucas being the boy that he is was causing quite tsunami in the tub, and Emily would just laugh and cover her face completely indulging her little cousin in his boyish antics.  Then they hung out in the crib like cool kids that they are.


I'm looking forward to plenty of more memories in the making with these two.






SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS