1.24.2014

Five on Friday

Its been a while since I did this link up, thought I would try to get back into the swing of things.  Here's just a small rundown of whats been going on around here.

ONE

I am currently obsessed with Downton Abbey! I have no idea why it has taken me three seasons to discover this show since it encapsulates so many of things that I adore: period dramas, English History, and the role of women (for those who don't know I have an English and History Degree, and my senior thesis was on the literary women's movement in England).  I am so in love with the characters, and the lovely intersecting of classes and the upstairs/downstairs movement.  I watched the first two seasons in a week and half thanks to nap time.  I'm currently engrossed in the third season, and have already started PVRing the fourth season.  I am going to be pretty sad when I'm done, and must start researching possible replacements on the PBS Masterpiece website!


TWO 

Last Saturday Lucas and I went over my aunts for a little playdate, just the boys and their mamas.  Girls pretty much rule the roost in my family, I only have sisters, my mom only has one brother, and he in turn has one son and daughter.  My uncle is actually only 7 years older than me so his kids are more like cousins to mine and my sisters children, than they are to us.  Usually at family events the girls tend to over power the two lonely boys in the group, and they are stuck playing some sort of girly endeavour.  So this time they played with their trucks until the heart's content, and screamed and threw balls like it was no one's business.  Its nice that they have each other, and even though there were a few scraps, it will be great to see how this relationship grows in the future.


THREE

Last week was a doozy in the Baccega household.  You know how they say bad things happen in threes, yeah its true.  We started off the week with the motor for our central vacuum deciding to die on us.  Thankfully we are still warranted, but will have to pay some sort of replacement fee.  Then the brake pads on my van decided to make all sorts of creaky sounds, and worried as I was to drive in this horrendous weather with a possible problem with the car, the hubby quickly got them replaced on our mechanics, yet again another expense.  We capped off the week with our master ensuite toilet which has been on the fritz deciding to overflow and creating a huge leak into my kitchen ceiling.  I discovered it after nap time bu slipping on the floor with the babe in my arms.  Yup not cool at all.  We currently have ugly holes in our kitchen, and have decided to do the potlights and new light fixtures in there that we were waiting for the spring to do.  Thank you to my hubby's boss though who has offered to send some guys and material to get it done for us.  It was the small silver lining in a messed up week.

FOUR

Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and I'm kind of pumped for crafts and special lunches with my boys.  Last year Lucas had no clue what was going on, and obviously this year won't be much different, but I'm getting into the spirit and just yesterday we worked on our first set of homemade Valentines to send some special people in his life.  Also we are pretty excited for our Valentine's themed double family date tomorrow with my sister and her family.  I have some crafts set up for the kids, we are going to enjoy a "romantic" home cooked meal, and heart shaped desserts might be involved.


FIVE 

My parents have been on vacation in Dominican for the last two weeks and they come home today!  This is the longest I have been away from them since I went on my own two week honeymoon.  I was so happy for them to finally go away on a nice vacation but I realized just how many times I call my mom for the most frivolous things.  I lost count of the times I picked up the phone and almost dialed to then remember that they weren't home.  I will be glad to see them!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and keeps warm, its supposed to be a cold one again.

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

2 comments:

  1. I also included Downton Abbey on my list this week! Love this show! The 4th season has started off really great! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to catch up on my DA - I've heard it gets totally crazy and I'm only half way through season three! Your little Lucas is a cutie and I really hope this week is better for you guys!! xo

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS